So I know that not everyone who reads this is Catholic, but I had an amazing confession experience the other day, and I totally felt God's presence, so I wanted to write about it. After all, this blog isn't only about reflecting on scripture; it's about God's presence in general!
Basically, I went into confession, confessed my stuff, and the priest, whom I have seen in mass a few times but have otherwise never spoken to, was absolutely amazing! He did a full out spiritual advising session with me, and I felt like he knew me and my struggles so well! I could tell it was God working through Him, which is awesome, cause that's what the sacrament is all about! I mean, you can only tell so much from someone by their list of a few sins, and it wasn't like I said, "I murdered someone" and then he went on about hate in my soul or anything. He asked me insightful questions to help me get to the heart of WHY I do the things I do, and said that confession is about really looking at your soul and why you do the things you do, not just confessing them. I think that's really true and awesome. After all, if you know why you commit certain sins, you can try to prevent yourself from falling into them.
One thing he said was to look at how God is speaking to me. Today, I felt God speaking to me through a few different things that I have known for a while. So I thought I'd write about them. They are:
Beauty/nature
Creativity
Diversity/differences
Adventure
I will elaborate on these in a future entry. Right now, I am really tired, but I wanted to finally post this entry. God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment